Do you want to start your day with a feeling of utter pleasure and contentment? Then this is the breakfast for you! It is so divine and satisfying, it will keep your tummy happy all day (well at least till your next meal!) and give you a feeling of fullness.
I like to keep my meals nice and simple, and the names of them too, but this little bowl of loveliness can be called so many things! So I’ve decided to call it “Noaty breakfast” as it’s based on a bed of oats with mixed nuts and, for me, the topping of cashew butter makes this. I also add either a drizzle of local honey, or my own homemade honey jam – yum, yum, yum…. yes it’s heaven!
You can also make this as a breakfast on the go. Add all the ingredients into a jar, pop on a lid and take to work. It will keep well in a fridge overnight too so you can make it in advance.
INGREDIENTS (per serving)
- 3 tbsp oats
- 4 tbsp milk of your choice
- 1 small banana
- 2 tbsp natural or almond yogurt
- 30g of mixed nuts (e.g. cashews, pecans, hazelnuts, walnuts)
- Handful of pomegranate, pumpkin seeds or almonds (optional)
- 15g of fresh or frozen berries (blackberries, blueberries or raspberries)
- 1 tsp honey or jam (I use my homemade honey jam)
- 1 tsp ground flaxseed / linseed (optional)
- 1 tsp cashew butter (or your preferred nut butter)
In a bowl or jar, create your bed or oats and soak with the milk. On one side, place your sliced banana and add your yogurt on the other side. Sprinkle with your mixed nuts and either pomegranate, pumpkin seeds or almonds. Sprinkle with ground flaxseed (otherwise known as linseed). Drizzle with honey, or dollop with with jam. Finish with the crowning glory, a teaspoon of heavenly cashew butter.